Thursday, October 21, 2010

MY OWN BERMUDA TRIANGLE

October 19th 2010
OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG!!!!!! lol... excited much??? hummm - nah, not me!
This year has seen me in June in Hawaii, where the water was bathwater warm and sun melted over me. July i was winding my way down the Nile through Uganda, where the smiles of children reminded me of important things i left back home. Now, NOW..... I have died and gone to heaven!!! What you ask has gotten me so .....so?? well, I have been asked to be the wardrobe supervisor for this, the last season, of Cirque du Soliel's - WINTUK at Madison Square Garden. Yup. ME! (stopping here to remember to BREATHE!!!)
They called me late Thursday afternoon while i was in the middle of Tyler Perry's Mamas Big Happy Family at the Coliseum. If i was the type of person to whoop and holler i am sure you would have heard me - wherever you were... but i am afraid, sometimes if i speak things aloud they will dissipate like mist when the sun comes out. Besides, i do all my whooping and hollerin' on the inside, not being one for those emotional displays. All the while trying to figure out how i am going to be in Montreal in a day and a half when i have a ton of things i have to reschedule/rearrange/hire. I then get a call from the union rep at the Garden, who is booking my flight, making car arrangements and car service to pick me up to take me to the airport on Sunday afternooon. I feel like a queen... or a rock star.... all the attention.
I start putting out my feelers for co-workers immediately. Before i have gone back from dinner i have a handle on my crew for the show, my flight is being booked, i have to figure out what to do with the animals, find my passport, get to the bank, to the store to buy pet food for the animals and pack. Would be nice if that was all... but there must have been a thousand other things i needed to do. In my head, which is constant chaos anyway, i just added a few more heaping handfuls!!! Nothing but the best for me, i say! I THRIVE in the insanity.... PILE on the work and i find i am more productive. I need that. If you give me to much free time... i get .....side tracked easily, by the simple pleasures of life and less gets accomplished.....must be the ADD.
10/16/10
ahhhh, last minute friend to the rescue to help with the animals.....ok... one less crisis averted, banking done, food bought, bills paid, mail taken care of, clothes washed and drying, fridge cleaned out, crew almost filled.....passport found...what else do i need..hummmm, nothing but finish packing and me i suppose to be on that plane at noon tomorrow.
10/17/10 noon... driver is here right on time.... one last quick check around the house....once im outta this house... brain will shut off for a few hours. Ali, my driver, is a nice man. I tell him how its my first time for someone to pay my way on a business trip and spring for a ride to & from the airport PLUS a car and Apartment for 2 weeks. He says when good things happen to someone its because of good Karma - what goes around comes around. Its funny because i haven't told him how i spent my summer vacation.... but he doesn't need to know that ... its my secret.
i land in Montreal and head to the car rental place.... and what do they give me ... but the mini batmobile. No kidding. Bells whistles, probably ejector seats for all i know. Buttons all over the place and whirlygigs that probably make the thing fly... if i knew how to do it.
Then i get to the apartments and i am on the 22nd floor and the view out my window is astounding. Like a Manhattan skyline - lights twinkle across the bridge over the water...surely i am dreaming!
That one phone call has made such a difference the place is AMAZING!!!! Cirque du Soliels headquarters are the size of at least 3 football fields, probably bigger. The work environment is great. WAIT til i post pics... (when i figure out how to get them on here) ...props decorate the hallways and offices.. bright things dangle, hang, sit on every conceivable space. They have EVERY possible tool my creative mind could want and some i didnt know i wanted because i didnt know they existed. .....and its has taken me to a place where i don't feel like the strange, freaky, ugly stepchild!i took a tour of the place and it really almost made me cry. There is nothing i can compare it to because i have nothing like it anywhere to make the comparison. Any bizarre idea i can think of is not to bizarre for here. in fact, the more bizarre you can make things the happier they are. They never look at me like i am strange.....Here i can coruscate, hummm be coruscating, yes i think that is correct -BE coruscating! i dunno ...its my word of the day and i think its appropriate for me... (Youuuuuu have to go look it up - i will not let your brain atrophy - i want it to be used, so you can be around with me for as long as the powers that be let us stay together!) I told them i am not leaving and they will have to drag me from here... i will leave claw marks on the hallways as they drag my ass out of there. LOL the only downside of that would be i could no longer be crepuscular (another word of the day... ) i would actually have to be a 9 - 5er......THAT could put a serious crimp in my lifestyle.... BUT i would be willing.....

more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment